The following article explains the GPS mode and its features.
- Setting up for GPS mode
- Getting started in GPS mode
- No Courses within 1km
- Lost GPS signal
- Ending your round
- Round summary
Opting to play in GPS mode provides you with the distances for the front, middle and back of the green on the watch. This mode does not track your performance. The yardages you are shown are Dynamic Yardages, meaning that the points are based on the angle of the player to the green rather than basing the distances on fixed points. Click here for more information on Dynamic Yardages.
Setting up for GPS mode
1) Press the top right button on the main screen of your watch to select 'Play' options. This will bring up the game modes screen. Please use the top right button or bottom right button to scroll through the game modes and highlight GPS.
2) Press the top left button to confirm you would like to start your round in GPS mode. Once GPS mode has been selected, the watch will begin to prepare your round by establishing your location and linking this with your previously downloaded golf course. This should only take a few moments, if you need help downloading courses, please follow this link for more information.
3) Once a GPS fix has been established, you will then be asked to select the course you are playing from a list. Courses will be ordered from the nearest course to your location to the furthest away course. The course highlighted in bold is the currently selected course. To scroll between options, use the top right button to move up the list and the bottom right bottom to move down the list. When the correct course is highlighted, press the top left button to select this.
5) After selecting a course, you will be asked to confirm that this is the correct course. Confirm this by pressing the bottom right button which will take you on to the GPS Yardage screen.
Getting started in GPS mode
Once your course has been confirmed, the distances for the first green will appear on your screen. The bottom of the screen will display the hole number and the par for that hole.
If you wish to change the hole number then you can advance to the next hole by pressing the bottom right button and go back to a previous hole by pressing the bottom left button. This will then update the hole and change the yardage distances to show for the new green.
The yardages on the screen will automatically update as you walk around the course. However, if you do not walk on a green wearing the watch in GPS mode the watch may not skip to the next hole automatically. Please do this manually following the instructions above.
No Courses within 1km
1) If the message 'No Courses within 1km' appears on screen please after searching for a GPS signal then press the bottom left button to exit the course selection screen
2) Press the bottom left button again to return to the main screen.
3) Press the bottom left button to access Settings.
4) Use the top right button and bottom right to scroll through the Settings options and select Courses using the top left button
5) Please then use the top right button and bottom left button to scroll through your courses. If the course you are wanting to play is listed then please exit the course list by pressing the bottom left button to return to the main watch screen. If your course is listed proceed to step 6. If the course is not listed then please download the course to your watch using the most easily available app to you. Click here for further instructions on how to download courses to your watch. Please then follow the instructions from Setting up your GPS+Track mode to start the process again.
6) On the main watch screen please hold down the top left button for 15-20 seconds until the screen greys out. This will reset the watch. Please then turn your watch on and follow the instructions on this article from Setting up for GPS+Track to try the process again. If you continue to have issues obtaining a GPS fix then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost GPS Signal
If the watch loses GPS signal during the round you will be notified on the screen.
The watch will automatically start to search for GPS in this scenario and, if this happens, you can simply wait for it to do so and the screen will return to yardages.
If you want to end the round at this point press the bottom right button. This will return the watch to the home screen
Ending your round
Once you have completed the 18th hole your watch should automatically prompt you with the 'End Round?' screen. If you have finished your round press the bottom right button to End Round. Please then press the bottom left button to confirm. If you have pressed this in error and do not wish to end your round, press the middle left button (menu) to return to the yardages.
If you are playing less than 18 holes and finishing on an alternative hole or if the 'End Round' screen does not appear automatically then please press the middle left button (menu) to filter to the 'End Round' screen. Please then press the bottom right button to End Round then press the bottom left button to confirm.
The ending of your round will be confirmed by the displaying of your round summary which displays the length of time the round took to complete. From here, press the bottom right button to return to the home screen.