When the watch has failed to pick up shots it is normally due to one of the following reasons:
- All the tags have not been inserted into all the clubs.
- The user is taking no practice swings, the Shot Scope watch goes to sleep in between shots, if there isn't a practice swing (or half swing) to wake the watch up then it can miss shots.
- Users are wearing the watch on the wrong wrist, right handed golfers should wear the watch on left wrist and left handed golfers on the right wrist. You also need to make sure that you have the watch setting on the correct setting.
- Do you wear the watch as close to the bottom of your wrist as you can? If you wear the watch too high up the wrist then the watch and the tags can be too far apart to pick up shots.
- Do you wear any metal on your wrists? Any other bands (possibly magnetic)? These can affect the technology in the watch from working.
- Do you often grip far down the club when hitting shots? Holding the club down the grip can mean that the watch is too far away form the tag to record shots.