This article will explain what to do if your V3, G3 or V2 watch displays the message, ‘no courses within 1km’, on the screen when attempting to start a round.
V3 and G3
If your watch shows the message 'no courses within 1km' when its trying to search for a GPS signal then please try the following:
1) Check on the app that the course is mapped in the database. Do this by logging into the app, navigating to the 'Courses' page and then search for the course you are trying to play.
2) The issue might be that the course wasn't on the watch at the time it was made but has since been added and mapped. This means that the course may have the '+ Add' option beside it, if it does then tap the '+ Add' section and then sync the course to the watch and then start a new round.
If you can't find the course in the database then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information about the missing course. We will create and map the course ready for your next visit.
If your watch shows the message 'no courses within 1km' when it is trying to search for a GPS signal then please do the following:
1) Return to the main screen of the watch by pressing the bottom right button.
2) Then press the bottom left button to go into Settings.
3) Scroll down until you see 'Courses' and press the top left button to enter this section.
4) Scroll through your course list using the bottom right button and see if the course you are trying to play is there.
Courses needs to be downloaded onto your watch prior to playing there. If your course does not show on that list then you will first need to download it onto your watch.
If you find that there is an error code on your course list such as 'Map237f4' then there was most likely an error with that course syncing to your watch. Please follow these instructions to fix your issue:
1) Connect your watch to your Shot Scope mobile or desktop app.
2) Remove these courses from your account. To remove a course on your app go to "Find Courses" and search for the name of the error course, then untick the tick box beside the course name.
3) Search for and add another course that you might play (any course apart from the ones just removed)
4) Navigate to the "My Courses" page and press "Sync"
5) Then manually log out the app (closing the app doesn’t log you out) and log back in.
6) Search for and add another course that you might play (any course apart from the ones just removed)
7) Navigate to the "My Courses" page and press "Sync"
8) Manually log out the app (closing the app doesn’t log you out) and log back in
9) Now navigate to "Find Courses" and search for the initial courses that had the error code issue. Now tick the tick box next to them.
10) Navigate to the "My Courses" page and press "Sync"
This should now have re-synced those error courses successfully onto your watch. On your watch select - "Settings" and then "Courses" to check on your course list that they are there.